Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Fight For Air - Donations (aka HOLY CANNOLI)

At 11:00 yesterday morning, I posted a reminder on Facebook about donations for the Fight for Air Climb that is March's activity.  I had hoped to guilt a few people into making donations, because it is no secret that Kevin and I cannot reach our $1,000 goal alone.  I know people get busy, they forget, hell it was just Christmas and who has spare cash during December (not this girl).  Really, it was just a reminder - maybe instead of going to Starbucks, someone would donate their $5 to the fight for a cure for lung cancer.

 

I expected to receive one or two donations, and was really hoping to see some $5 and $10 donations, since all I was really asking for was $1.  Imagine my surprise when my phone started vibrating every 5 minutes, donations big and small just rolling it. 15 people have donated to our cause in the last 24 hours.  Guys, we are $30 short of being halfway less than 24 hours from when I posted.  Our friends and family have knocked it out of the park.  Each and every time I get a donation email, I cry a little bit.  Good tears, happy tears, "oh my gosh we are so loved" tears.  
 

I have big plans for 2013, and you are all my drive, my motivation, and my support.  I can not thank you enough for continuing your emotional support with financial giving. I hadn't thought about it in the beginning, but I want to somehow take each one of you on this climb with me in March.  I think t shirts/tank tops with the names of those that donated might be the easiest and cheapest option, but let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions, I am all ears!  (HEY PAM - THIS MEANS YOU).

From the bottom of my heart, with tears in my eyes, thank you! Thank you to those of you that knew my mom her whole life. Thank you to the people that met my mom just once, but support Kevin and I. Thank you to the people that helped raise me, love my crazy Moyer/Gehman/Bookheimer family.

No comments:

Post a Comment