Pages

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

2014 - And Here We Go!

Today seemed as good a day as any to get some posting going on!  Less than 100 days until the Fight for Air Climb, and we are right in the middle of training.  So far, training has included cardio, cardio, cardio, and a very wet 5 mile high in Washington.  Each moment I miss Mom is little more motivation to keep pushing myself both emotionally and physically.  We learned so much from last year's climb and have a new focus for this year!


  1. Focus on C.A.R.D.I.O. - While practicing the actual stairs is important, it is absolutely secondary to the workout your lungs will get.  This year my plan is to train for 30 minutes of my maximum heart-rate 3 days a week and only do stairs 2 times a week! 
  2. Food - Last year I ate a really small breakfast (a banana) before the climb, and that was it.  I wasn't very hungry - and it seemed like some combination of nerves and angst.  I have got to overcome that this year, because I was completely out of fuel by the time we went up the second time.  
  3. Fundraising - 2013 was hugely successful for our team (the 5 of us raised $2,995).  This year we're already at 7 people - with hopes to hit 10.  My fundraising goal is $2,000 for our team.  There are t-shirts, a Mary Kay fundraiser, and some general Facebook plans in the works!
Anyone who wants to join team "For Little Debbie" is more than welcome to (link here) - there are still spots available for  both the 50 flights and 100 flights!  Rockstar cousins Morgan and Titus will be climbing and we've got our own personal cheerleading squad started with Maddy being our poster holder/Gatorade Girl.  I am so thankful for this climb - and how the terrible loss of Deb continues to bring our family together! 

Happy Tuesday everyone <3

No comments:

Post a Comment