Pages

Thursday, May 30, 2013

48 Hours Until Relay for Life

I am nervous for Saturday.  There, I said it.  With the Fight for Air Climb, I had my whole family surrounding me - and some joining in the fun.  Saturday, it will just be me for much of the day, as my incredible family has other places to be.  I'll be honoring Mom while Kevin honors the anniversary of his grandfather's passing with his family.  And the Bookheimer men (and my dad) will be honoring the ever amazing Maynard Rothenberger at his services.  Each and every one of us will be honoring and supporting a wonderful person, just not together in person.  

It is going to be a hot one on Saturday, and I'm channeling my race track/running track self to get prepared.  I've got Gatorade, Sunscreen, and sneakers ready to go.  The rest of it we'll be playing by ear - since I'm a rookie at this.  
 
Thank you to all of you that have supported me thus far - and thank you to those that continue to support.  My poor new house will have to wait for another week to really look like home, but I know Mom will understand why the mountain of laundry is a mile high and the garage looks like some hoarders live there.  If you are still interested in donating, please use the link below (or on the right side of the blog site), and know that I appreciate all you have done for me, for our family, and for the fight against cancer! 


Love,
Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment