Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

February 2013 - Schwenkfelder

A few more specifics on the February event are listed below - I will be going through the year this week and next and then will post updates, questions, and requests as they come up. 
_________________________________________________________________________

I am excited to schedule a trip to the Schwenkfelder Library & Heritage Center for February! I know this will not be interesting to many people outside of my family, but there are several items Mom discussed donating for years that I feel should be completed.  There was also an article recently published in the Schwenkfelder magazine that included Louisa (my great-grandmother), and I am very interested in learning what other information they may have.  As far as I'm concerned, Mom held all the knowledge I learned about our family, so I will be armed with a notebook and camera for this trip so I don't forget any important details! 

A little back story on the Heritage Center and some information on the Central Schwenkfelder Church is below. 

From the Library's website - 

We are a non-profit organization dedicated to preserving and interpreting the history of the Schwenkfelders and the history of southeastern Pennsylvania and the Perkiomen Region. The Heritage Center offers educational programming and tours, exhibits, workshops, and events throughout the year. 
Exhibits that will be in place in February include "Modern Design in the Valley", focusing on furniture design and "The Art of Rebecca Ross" which features Rebecca's art focusing on traditional symbols and symbolism.   
This is Central Schwenkfelder ^
Courtesy of the Church's Website - The Central Schwenkfelder Church Mission Statement -
 "Love God. Serve Others. Grow Disciples."
_________________________________________________________________________

I can't wait to see what we can learn from the Heritage Center and what we can give them to continue their research and teaching process! 

Love, 
Jess  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment