Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Holiday Distraction, and My Apologies

Ladies and Gents - 

I wanted to take a quick moment and apologize for the lack of posting these past 10 days.  I know there are always tons of excuses, but I promise I have a good one. Those of you that know my family obviously know that Christopher (little brother) will deploy in January for Afghanistan.  Those are incredibly hard words to type or say, and my heart aches at the thought of saying goodbye.  BUT - He is home, in the 610, for 21 days.  Those 21 days have been my Christmas Insanity Motivation and with the exception of 2 gifts that UPS is holding hostage, I am done Christmas shopping.  I set a goal way back before Halloween that I would spend every available moment with Chris while he was home, and not in lines or fighting traffic at the mall. Being without Deb and Mary Elyn this Christmas is providing challenges I never knew we'd have to face. Tomorrow I take my dad's house hostage as he has absolutely zero Christmas decorations and the Christmas tree is still on the back porch, waiting for the stand, lights, and decorations. I hope a little Christmas cheer can find it's way into the Moyer household tomorrow and make the heart ache a little easier.

I hope you'll forgive what will likely be light posting over the next 18 days, and I'll catch back up just as soon as I can. I haven't forgotten about Gone With the Wind, but am trying to find a venue that is convenient and casual and will allow the most people possible to participate.  

As a thank you for hanging in there, here is my favorite family shot from Christmas a few years ago: 


Love, Jessi

3 comments:

  1. I just thought you should know that you are an inspiring individual. I unfortunately did not have the pleasure of knowing your mom better, but I have no doubt that she is smiling down on you, with pride and love. You are a rock for your family and show/remind everyone what family is all about. You are so motivated and do so much for your family, friends and so many other people. Your endless giving of time, thoughtfulness and money will surely be rewarded with much love and appreciation in return. Love you lots and keep doing what you're doing. You're amazing Jess!
    Love,
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, that picture is beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. I have no doubt the Moyer house will be filled with just as much joy this Christmas. Best wishes to your Boy Wonder heading overseas again. Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Holly! My mom set a wonderful example, as did both of my grandmothers and I have a lot to live up to. That picture is one of my favorites, and while I know things will be different this year - the joy we felt that Christmas with Chris home is one I'll never forget. Love You lots!

    ReplyDelete